Search fixed?

I was at a LEA (Linden Endowment for the Arts) meeting last week and we got some good news from Courtney Linden about the use of Mega prims on the new LEA art sandbox we just opened (headed up by Sasun Steinbeck, Solo Mornington, PatriciaAnne Daviau and Dekka Raymaker).  The news was that builders at the sandbox were allowed to use mega prims on the land.  This might not seem like very big  news as megas are used all over second life, but why it is somewhat important is that its a policy by Linden Labs that megas can not be used anywhere on Linden owned land.  The reasons for this are fuzzy but from what I understand they are rumoured to cause lag.  I am not sure I believe that, in fact I think it has more to do with megas originally being a user created hack that slipped in at one point before Linden Labs could close the door on it.  They then became Second Lifes version of rabbits in Australia.  Seems more like stubbornness to me on their part.  I would love to be able to separate the rumours from reality but I just can't seem to get a consistent answer.
     I do know that megas used to create jerky camera movements for the viewer.  I experienced that myself so I know it was true.  I have not noticed that recently though.  The LEA group bitched and complained about the megaprim ban for ages now, and to give credit where its due, Dancoyote Antonelli was perhaps the most vocal in trying to get them accepted.  Now Dan and I don't really get along very well, but I do respect him.  Well sometimes.  Courtney Linden is our liaison and she deserves a great deal of credit for changing the mind of someone somewhere to allow this.  Hopefully this policy will move on to other Linden events such as the second life birthday parties and other events they hold.  Would have been good for Burning Life too.
    So as I was saying, at the meeting Sasun Steinbeck was saying that she found it hard to believe that Linden Labs could not fix the mega prim problem.  I replied that I found it hard to believe that the lab could not fix search.  I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, so I am sure it's more complicated than I give the problem credit for, but really the search function is quite important and it has been broken for far too long.  So I was encouraged to find this post that search has now not only been fixed but also greatly improved.

 http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Test-Out-New-Search-Delivering-More-Relevant-Faster-Results/ba-p/891823

I am not a huge fan of the Linden Labs sucks at everything bloggers out there, so these are just a few positive things I wanted to share.

This video below has nothing whatsoever to do with this post.  I just find it funny.

Comments

Runescape Gold said…
Crossbows are usually sluggish, but could inflict a whole lot of harm with respect to the form of mounting bolts you utilize Runescape Gold . Throwable guns as an illustration knives, javelins, along with darts instill significantly less injury next arrows, but are quicker. They also have the possibility of accumulation the foe. Throwable weaponry are one-handed. The abyssal mix bargains substantial damage and it is quick Runescape Gold for Sale. The actual abyssal blow is a little a lot more expensive than dragon, and stage Seventy attack as a way to wield. Barrows tools have numerous weapons.

Popular Posts